The CMPA has continued its commitment to assisting Members in the conduct of their construction materials businesses be it training, networking, occupational health and safety, industry-government advocacy, approval processes or compliance.
Changes and activities to benefit our Members’ are as follows:
- Looming Quarry Materials Shortage – VCAT Project, Media Releases;
- Lobbying of Ministers, Shadow Ministers, DJPR, DELWP, EPA, Aboriginal Victoria, Red Tape Commissioner, Commissioner for Better Regulation and Worksafe Victoria;
- Number of submissions to Government on behalf of Voting Members including lobbying for improvement of performance of the approval process for workplans;
- Development of Guidelines and Checklists
- Annual Dinner held in August 2018 in Essendon Fields for over 280 members and guests with a presentation by The Hon Tim Pallas MP, Treasurer of Victoria;
- General Meeting of Members held in May 2019 in Tullamarine with a presentation by Anna Cronin, Commissioner for Better Regulation;
- Workshops held on Dust Management, Slimes Management, Fire Response and Readiness Management Plan and Pest Animal and Weed Management.
Membership includes a copy of the latest Preferred Suppliers Manual, a copy of the next six issues of Sand & Stone, on-line monthly safety update, weekly news updates on the CMPA website and LinkedIn as well as Member Rates for all publications and workshops held till the end of the next financial year. To join go to
The CMPA needs your support to ensure the Extractive Industry is sustainable for future generations.