RIIPRO205A — Conduct Blending Plant Operations
Box Hill Institute of TAFE
Diane Wilson – 03 9286 9711
This unit covers the conduct of blending operations on a work site. It includes the planning and preparation for operations; the operation and post operational procedures of a blending plant.
- Work Safely Training (mandatory unit)
- Apply operational safety requirements
- Access, interpret and apply technical information
- Applying the plant operating procedures
- Maintain production and equipment records
- Apply diagnostic techniques
- Use relevant hand tools
- Dispose of environmentally sensitive fluids and materials
- Apply chemical and fuel safety measures
- Work wearing personal protective equipment
- Work alone or as part of a team.
- Plan and prepare for operations
- Operate the blending plant
- Carry out post-operational procedures
Examples of application
- Collecting, analysing and organising information – to prepare to carry out allotted operations.
- Communicating ideas and information – to inform others of hazards or equipment faults.
- Organising activities – to complete work in accordance with agreed plan and outcomes.
- Working with teams and others – to ensure the safe, effective and efficient operation of the blending plant.
- Using mathematical ideas and techniques – to complete daily operational reports.
- Solving problems – to find problems with the blending plant.
- Using technology – to operate the blending plant monitoring system.