RIIPRO201A — Conduct Crushing Operations
Box Hill Institute of TAFE
Diane Wilson – 03 9286 9711
This unit covers the conduct of crushing operations on a work site. It includes the planning and preparation for operations; the operation and post operational procedures of both fixed and mobile crushing plant.
- Work Safely Training (mandatory unit)
- Gain specific knowledge on the different types of crushers and why they are used
- Apply operational safety requirements
- Access, interpret and apply technical information
- Apply plant operating procedures
- Maintain production and equipment records
- Plan and prepare for operations
- Operate the crushing plant
- Carry out post-operational procedures
Examples of application
- Collecting, analysing and organising information – to prepare to carry out allotted operations.
- Communicating ideas and information – to inform others of hazards or equipment faults.
- Organising activities – to complete work in accordance with agreed plan and outcomes.
- Working with teams and others – to ensure the safe, effective and efficient operation of the crushing plant.
- Using mathematical ideas and techniques – to complete daily operational reports.
- Solving problems – to find problems with the crushing plant.
- Using technology – to operate the crushing plant monitoring system.